Opportunities to Learn
Leagues for brand new adult curlers planned for 2014-2015 at the following clubs:
Should demand exceed the budget, the OVCA Board of Directors will make a decision as to increase the budget or look at other alternatives. Applications will be processed on a first come first served basis. Clubs must reapply at the end of the season for funding for the next season and submitting a written report of the previous year’s activities related to this program. Continued funding shall not be considered automatic.
The following conditions apply:
- The adult development program must be at least twelve (12) weeks in continuous duration;
- A plan must exist to incorporate the new curlers into club leagues;
- The member club must be in good standing with the OVCA;
- The club participates in the Getting Started in Curling Instructor program offered by the OVCA and CCA;
- The request must be in writing to the Ottawa Valley Curling Association attention Jim Inch ( ) with the application form (at the end of this document)
- The club will ensure the OVCA visibility; the OVCA logo will be provided by the OVCA;
- The OVCA has sufficient funds available and
- The club will provide a written report to Jim Inch, Development Director by May 31 of the funding year, highlighting results and lessons learned.
Instructor training: OVCA will work with the CCA in developing and hosting a training program for club instructors. This will ensure the training is consistent and meets standards established by the CCA. The training will be offered at no cost to the clubs, meals and incidentals will be at the cost of the participants.The policy, including how to apply can be found here.