At its meeting of 20 May 2009, the Board of Directors adopted a revised set of internal policies respecting financial controls. To view these policies, click here.
Coaching Equipment Rental Application Form
The OVCA will make available to qualified coaches of the OVCA equipment that will enhance their ability as coaches. This equipment is intended to improve the skill level of OVCA curlers and coaches.
The OVCA subsidizes travel expenses for youth (bantam, junior and university) teams attending OCA and Ontario University Provincial Championships at the current OVCA mileage rate of 20 cents/km (one car per team to and from the event). The distance to the competition will be established (city to city return trip, using Google Maps). Each team qualifying may claim a payment equal to distance times rate (currently 20 cents), claims are to be submitted to the OVCA Treasurer by the driver.
With regards to national or international events, with the CCA expanding the number of its sanctioned events, the OVCA will only provide funding for OVCA junior teams who advance to the: Canadian University Championships, Canadian Junior Championships and World Junior Championships.
As with the OVCA's existing policy, the bantam and junior teams must be active members an OVCA member club. The funding is $500 per team per event (all team members belong to an OVCA member club). If not all member of the team belong to OVCA clubs, the amount payable is $125/team member belonging to an OVCA club. The maximum is $500 per team. For national university championships, support for players is limited to those who are active members of, and represent an OVCA member club. The funding would be limited to $125 per player per event. The maximum is $500 per team. Cheques will be issued by the OVCA Treasurer to the payee/requestor.
The OVCA will provide up to 60 pins to each OVCA team if requested in writing to the OVCA Events Coordinator.
The Ottawa Valley Curling Association (OVCA) will provide sponsorship funds to OVCA member clubs hosting provincial final competitions and national competitions up to a maximum of $1,000 providing the competition is either the penultimate step (at a provincial level) to a national sanctioned CCA event or is the final step - a CCA national sanctioned. See here for the listing of CCA national sanctioned events and examples as of November 12, 2013
The OVCA trusts that funds are used appropriately by the host club/host committee.
The following conditions apply:
- The events must be the penultimate step (at a provincial level) to a national sanctioned CCA event or a CCA national sanctioned event (see attached).
- The member club must be in good standing with the OVCA.
- The member club must have a support structure in place to manage the event.
- The request must be in writing to the Ottawa Valley Curling Association and include the sponsorship prospectus.
- As a condition of the sponsorship, the host committee/club will ensure the OVCA visibility at all events leading up to and during the event. The OVCA logo will be provided by the OVCA.
- Contributions that would be utilized for meals and entertainment are ineligible.
The specific events sanctioned by the CCA are subject to change, and will be reviewed annually by the OVCA in conjunction with the CCA. As of January 2014 these events include:
- Tim Hortons Brier (Canadian Men’s Championship
- Ford World Men’s Championship
- Scotties Tournament of Hearts (Canadian Women Championship)
- Ford World Women’s Canadian Championship
- Canadian Senior Curling Championship (Men and Women)
- Canadian Mixed Curling Championship
- World Senior Curling Championship (Men and Women)
- World Mixed Doubles Ottawa Valley Curling Association
B. The OVCA will recognize adult teams that represent Ontario at national competitions not sanctioned by the CCA with a $500 honorarium. These events are hosted by the CCA but participating teams are not funded by the CCA. The teams must be active members of an OVCA member club, and the request should originate from that club. As of January 2014 these events include:
- Dominion Curling Club Men and Women
- Canadian Masters Men and Women
- Canadian Wheelchair Curling
- World Wheelchair Curling