The Ottawa Valley Curling Association (OVCA) is dedicated to developing, maintaining and supporting the development of curlers and curling clubs within the Ottawa Valley area through programs that are dedicated to curling development and to the betterment of curling clubs.
Founded in 1959, The OVCA consists of 46 member clubs in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec.
With dues money collected from our member clubs, the OVCA provides grants to member curlers and clubs for:
- Travel for youth teams to competitions
- Support for OVCA teams heading to national championships
- Purchases of 'Little Rocks'
- Adult Learn to Curl programs
The OVCA directly organizes, or provides organizational or financial support to events with great local and national/international reputations, including:
- The Brokerlink/OVCA Junior Superspiel
- The Royal Lepage/OVCA Women's Fall Classic
- The OVCA Mixed Bonspiel
- The Alexander Keith's City of Ottawa Men's Bonspiel
- The Hogline Curlers Pro Shop/OVCA Little Rocks Championship
Proceeds from previous Briers have been invested in the OVCA Development Fund, with provides our member clubs with low-cost loans for capital improvements.
Proceeds from the 50/50 draws at the 2016 Tim Hortons Brier will also be used to help fund the development of the game in our area.
For more information on us and our programs, visit our website at www.OVCA.com, or follow us on social media: